Postpartum Doula Services
Often, the focus of preparation during pregnancy and postpartum is more on your baby and not so much on you. Did you know that the effects of pregnancy can last years or even a lifetime? Usually, those effects do not show up until the postpartum period begins and, unfortunately, are written off as a “normal part of the postpartum period.”
Postpartum chronic pain and other ailments usually boil down to a couple of things… Doing too much, too soon, and not replenishing the body with what it needs to heal. The postpartum period is a full-body healing experience, and recovery is crucial to your long-term wellbeing.
Rest…Heal... You Deserve This
Our Postpartum Doulas provide essential infant care and postpartum care support from the moment your baby arrives until their first birthday. Your doula may help you with meal preparation, give advice on postpartum healing, occasional sibling care, transitioning to solid foods, errand running, and light cleaning around the house.
OMG! Yes!!! Postpartum Doulas help with cooking and cleaning!!
Most importantly, however, your doula is available to meet your needs, respond to your concerns, and support your decisions as you settle into your new roles as parents.
P.S. Did I mention postpartum doulas can provide overnight support, too?
Our Postpartum and Newborn Care Services:
Daytime Postpartum and Newborn Care:
Our Daytime care plans can be tailored to your specific needs with a minimum of 6 hours per shift. During that time your doula may help with:
- Local errand-running
- Sibling-bonding support
- Meal preparation and planning
- Light House Cleaning
- Self-care and healing education
- C Section healing
- Continued infant care & education
- Breastfeeding and Formula feeding
- Nursery Organization
Overnight Postpartum and Newborn Care:
Our Overnight care plans include a minimum of 8 hours of continuous doula support. During that time your doula may:
- Initiate Baby Bathtime & night routine
- Help with infant feeding
- Bring you a midnight snack and/or beverage
- Sanitize Bottles and Pump Parts
- Load the Dishwasher
- Do a light load of laundry
You Deserve to Thrive
No really! Think about it… ask yourself a few questions.
- When was the last time you felt empowered by taking charge of your health (both physical and mental) and wellbeing?
- When was the last time you invested in a service that not only ensured your optimal healing but that your family thrived as well?
- When was the last time a community of people worked solely for you and the needs of your family?