New Parent Homecoming
Your baby is here! And you may be feeling a bit..um..nervous. It’s okay! Take a deep breath. Having mixed emotions about bringing your baby home is entirely normal. Meaning, it is okay to be over the moon excited about becoming a parent AND be utterly terrified about it at the same time. It is understandable! You are venturing into the unknown, and having someone there in your first moments home will ease your mind! With our homecoming service, One of our Postpartum Care Specialists will meet you at your home the moment you arrive with your baby.
You Don’t Have to Worry!
We specifically created this service because so many questions go unanswered right before you are discharged to go home, and many new parents struggle with the anxiety of not knowing what’s to come. Our specialists will help you figure out the “what’s next?” question and ensure that you have access to support and answers immediately after birth and upon returning home. There is no doubt in our minds that you are going to do great because you already are! But sometimes, having professional support helps to ease the mind and lessen anxiety. In other words, the goal shouldn’t be that you just survive the first 48 hours home with a newborn and run on fumes. The goal is to thrive while feeling confident and prepared as you move into this new life chapter as a parent.
As you settle in…
Your specialist may:
- Help you unpack both physically and mentally
- Prepare a meal
- Care for your baby while you eat, shower, and rest
- Help schedule appointments
- Add finishing touches to the nursery
- Help with breastfeeding/bottle feeding
- Help you plan your postpartum period
- Answer any questions
- Provide education on infant care – such as bathing, swaddling & hunger cues
- Educate on safe formula preparation or pumping assistance
- Support with pericare / cesarean healing